Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blowout VS Blow Over

When? Oh, when will I learn?
I hate to wear shoes while at home.
Even outdoors.
Due to this I break toes!
Have not broken one in many years right up until Friday afternoon.....
Hanna was heading our way.
Clouds were gathering and the rain misting,so I decided to take down the screen gazaebo, myself.
All went well with the gazaebo.
But......inside was a large,wooden table.
It needed to go inside the garage.
This would have been a good time to put on some shoes!
But NOOOOOOO.
I picked the table up....began walking towards to door and suddenly the middle leaf slid down,hit my knees....down my left shin bone and smack dab onto my toe!
Crrrack! Ouch and a few curse words later I had it in some ice water.
Which by the way does a much better job than just plain ice.
This was new newz to me from my oldest son.
So, I taped the broken toe to it's neighboring digit and the two buddies will share the strain for a little while.
Hanna was not even enough here to compare to a thunderstorm!
I am glad.
She did drop quite a bit of rain on our fair state.
Roads flooded. Some with snakes! UGH. That poor newz reporter!
The wind never even got strong enough to knock down any of my bird feeders.
All of the preparedness is good for the next go 'round though.
I am feeling concern for my e-mail buddies in the gulf!!
yIKEs....... If Ike carries the water of hurricane Floyd { hit us in 99} and the wind of hurricane Fran { hit us in 96...worst thing I have EVER seen!}
Then that will be catastophic.
God, have Mercy!

Yesterday... The J's decide to buy a brand new bedroom suit.
A very nice one...I might add.
So, Do and me go over last night to help them remove the old stuff and replace it with the new.
Do works on Saturdays so he was already exhausted when he got home around 4:00.
I was proud of him for his willingness to help anyway.
We cooked on the grill all at the same time and Davey ate around 10:45!
What a blow out....LOL
I then brought him home to crash.
The J's were still headed back out to WM for more needed items.
Today we will fill in the blanks.

Tomorrow morning Jonna will be told the sex of the baby!!! WOOO-Whooo!

2 comments:

Gardenia said...

I am so sorry about your foot - sounds like you might have damaged your leg too - you are like me - super woman - if its gotta be done, you grab it, huh? Don't you hate it when you cuss? I do, and I do. Sometimes when hurt I yell "Jesus!" over and over, which can be mistaken for cursing, but actually I figure if there is healing in His Name, then the damage will be minimal!

Someday I will tell you about laying on the bathroom floor naked, unable to get up, nasty tub fall, yelling "Jesus!" And telling "H" "no ambulance" because I was naked.

Glad the storm wasn't much. Yes, we are sitting here sweating Ike.

Babe said...

I often scream,"Jesus,Jesus,Jesus!"
And do not think it is cussing either.
He alone knows our heart.
But, my mouth need much healing,for sure.
I am more determined than ever to guard my mouth and thus the war begins....